Friday 16 November 2012

15/11/12 Jacks Lynx Africa TV Commercial


Today, we were set to produce Jacks Lynx Africa advert. Inspired by the opening sequence from the Lion King we attempted to create an adaptation of the Disney movie.

The actor who was supposed to be attending to portray the main characters role was ill, so we had to rearrange everybody's job roles to overcome the problem with having missing a major vital player to produce the TV commercial.











 Nathan Taylor had to play the main male leading role in the commercial as Ash Helm was absent due to illness. He did a splendid job of playing the main character, since he did not fully want to do the job but was very driven to do it since there was no other way of doing it and it was needed to be done.

Jack, the main director appointed me as his assistant Director, meaning I gave second opinions as to whether camera shots were good enough, whether anything was needed to be improved, etc. I also was given the role to be the female interest in the commercial (since there were no other girls that could perform for the advertisement) Personally, from this experience I have learned that through doing specific job roles I have grown to be more confident in myself and that I can be quite headstrong; and that if I have an opinion I think is valid then I will tell people what I think.

As a group I believe we have pulled together well as a team, stepping up for job roles that we don't particularly like, but still being eager to complete tasks and meet our target aims. The only aspect I would say we would need to work on is producing a contingency plan, since the problems we face seem to be repeated often without learning from our mistakes. Perhaps in future we will be able to come up with contingency plans (to save time stressing over how we're going to overcome our obstacles) and consider using a different member of the group or external actors to perform in our productions.


No comments:

Post a Comment